Re: NVDA in Employment

g melconian

Do agree with you.  Don’t want to be locked to one provider.what happens if that provider goes belly up and or something happens what happens to that low vision or blind employee.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 8:08 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA in Employment

It’s interesting you should say this because where I work we don’t have any contracts with Vispero. So we can teach NVDA which is a good thing alongside of other solutions and I’d rather not us get contracted by Vispero because I detest their anticompetitive nature. Yes JAWS might have been a good program and probably still is in some areas but it’s their anticompetitive nature that  is part of the problem as well and I never thought when I started on computers in 1993 that we would have a company that monopolised the assistive technology market and I always thought the agencies would encourage client choice and provide a range of solutions as the only way that screen readers back in the day like JAWS, and when it was alive, Window-Eyes, could really be funded is via agencies.