Re: The new microsoft edge chromium based browser troubles with nvda not going to browse mode

g melconian

It depends on  the version of jaws.  some earlier versions  of jjaws wer referring to it as browse mode and the newer versions I think have dropped that  reference.i will have to  fire off my old pc an take  a look.   As I am primarily on mobile platforms lately and on chrome OS and so that  is why I seldom have that much need for jaws and the windows pc.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] The new microsoft edge chromium based browser troubles with nvda not going to browse mode

And FYI, depending on the vintage of the reference, I'm finding results in web searches that refer to the mode of JAWS that's not Forms mode as Browse mode and Virtual mode.

I don't know when the change may have happened, but by the time I got involved with JAWS it was Browse/Forms [with the NVDA equivalents, respectively, Browse/Focus].

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide