Re: Can't run NVDA with admin rights on a MS Surface

Quentin Christensen

Hi James,

Interesting, I hadn't encountered this before, although I personally don't have a Surface laptop - which model do you have?  And which build of Windows are they running?

As you've found with your Lenovo's, the general advice I gave should usually work, but evidently there is something different happening with the Surface.  Can you get me a copy of the nvda.log and maybe the nvda-old.log files from the %temp% folder on one of the surface machines (ideally from when it was installed, and from when it wouldn't start, rather than the portable copy).

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:12 PM <james.luxton@...> wrote:
Hi Quentin,

I installed the software with an admin account and can run the software without issues on the admin account.  When I log in as a standard user, NVDA will not run and this is only an issue on Microsoft Surface laptops(All our Lenovo units run fine).  Currently I am running NVDA in Portable mode to get my users up and running but I was hoping to resolve the standard install.

Thank you,
James

--
Quentin Christensen