Re: Can't run NVDA with admin rights on a MS Surface

John Isige

Is that something that's essential for the Surface? I might be getting one soon. Could you expand on the fix a bit? Do you just install NVDA before the driver, or roll the driver back or what?

On 9/5/2019 14:58, James Luxton wrote:
Thank you all for your assistance and I have resolved the issue. I found the Microsoft Driver/Firmware package causes the issue with the security permissions. NVDA runs fine prior to installing the Driver package.

Thanks,
James Luxton, Support Technician
IT Service Desk, Information Technology
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 x3479
james.luxton@guelph.ca

guelph.ca
Facebook.com/cityofguelph
@cityofguelph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can't run NVDA with admin rights on a MS Surface

I have a surface go and had a surface pro4 I think it was or maybe 3 anyway have not seen this suspect something is going on with an AV
product. do you use anything other than Defender? hope you get it
working.

On 04/09/2019 00:11, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Hi James,

Interesting, I hadn't encountered this before, although I personally
don't have a Surface laptop - which model do you have? And which
build of Windows are they running?

As you've found with your Lenovo's, the general advice I gave should
usually work, but evidently there is something different happening
with the Surface. Can you get me a copy of the nvda.log and maybe the
nvda-old.log files from the %temp% folder on one of the surface
machines (ideally from when it was installed, and from when it
wouldn't start, rather than the portable copy).

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:12 PM <james.luxton@guelph.ca> wrote:

Hi Quentin,

I installed the software with an admin account and can run the
software without issues on the admin account. When I log in as a
standard user, NVDA will not run and this is only an issue on
Microsoft Surface laptops(All our Lenovo units run fine). Currently
I am running NVDA in Portable mode to get my users up and running but
I was hoping to resolve the standard install.

Thank you,
James

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.