This is very odd.  Haave you tried with narrator as well as nvda and do you get the same behavior?

I suspect you will.

I am happy to try and help with nvda remote if you have that.  if not, I can explain how to get it.

If you like.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

On 2019-09-06 12:20 p.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi Brian.

It did it from the first time I've reinstalled windows.

Microsoft Edge won't work with NVDA and so, I'm using Google Chrome.

Chantelle.

This also happens in other programs like KasperSky or anything that I
want to install.

Chantelle

On 9/6/19, Brian Moore <bmoore@screenreview.org> wrote:
Hi.  What browser are you using?

I have never seen this behavior and I can't think of a setting to turn
those control types off?

Did it work when you first re-installed the system and then stopped?

Happy to try and help.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose button
or link download. It only reads the buttons and links without saying
if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle