From: Chantelle Buys
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2019 1:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Buttons and links not reading.

Hi.

I just finnished reinstalling windows this morning and updating it. My
windows was corrupted and I had no choice but to reinstall windows.

Chantelle

You may have to repair Windows or reinstall it. I don't know which may
be
more likely to correct the problem.

On 2019-09-06 12:20 p.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi Brian.

It did it from the first time I've reinstalled windows.

Microsoft Edge won't work with NVDA and so, I'm using Google Chrome.

Chantelle.

This also happens in other programs like KasperSky or anything that I
want to install.

Chantelle

On 9/6/19, Brian Moore <bmoore@screenreview.org> wrote:
Hi. What browser are you using?

I have never seen this behavior and I can't think of a setting to
turn those control types off?

Did it work when you first re-installed the system and then stopped?

Happy to try and help.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.