Re: Buttons and links not reading.

Chantelle Buys

Hi guys.

I've just tried the portable version of NVDA and it does say buttons
and links before the link or button.

This is a copy that I made in March.

Chantelle

On 9/6/19, Chantelle Buys via Groups.Io <cbuys6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi.

No such luck.

I've tried using internet explorer as well and although it does say
editable on google's page, it still won't tell me when I'm on a
button. It does say search but, not button before it says search so,
on a strange page I have to guess if it is a link or button.

Chantelle

On 9/6/19, Jackie <abletec@gmail.com> wrote:
Chantelle, please try going to ease of access center, then click on
"use the computer without a display", & let's see if that helps.

On 9/6/19, Chantelle Buys <cbuys6@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

No way I'm doing that again anytime soon.

I'm going to try to reinstall NVDA instead.

Our internet here in the middle of nowhere aren't reliable and if it
is a windows thing again, I just have to make do with what I have
right now.

Microsoft does have some big problems on their end since the last
windows update. The BeMyEyes team can't keep up with all the problem
reporting they have been getting from blind users. I was told that
this update has been giving everyone a headache lately.

Chantelle

I remember you said you reinstalled it. That doesn't mean something
didn't
go wrong in the installation. If you can't find a solution, you may
have
try a reinstallation again.

On 2019-09-06 12:20 p.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Hi Brian.

It did it from the first time I've reinstalled windows.

Microsoft Edge won't work with NVDA and so, I'm using Google
Chrome.

Chantelle.

This also happens in other programs like KasperSky or anything that
want to install.

Chantelle

On 9/6/19, Brian Moore <bmoore@screenreview.org> wrote:
Hi. What browser are you using?

I have never seen this behavior and I can't think of a setting to
turn those control types off?

Did it work when you first re-installed the system and then
stopped?

Happy to try and help.

On 2019-09-06 9:46 a.m., Chantelle Buys wrote:
Afternoon everyone.

I had to reinstall windows and now that it's up to date again
I've
found that NVDA won't do the following.

1. It doesn't read buttons for instance it doesn't say compose
button or link download. It only reads the buttons and links
without saying if it is a button or link.

Also, it doesn't say editable when you get to an edit box.

Is there a setting that I have to change?

Thanks.

Chantelle

--
Never give up, at any cost.