Re: Identifying capital letters

Gene

Not as far as I know.  I suggest such an option awhile ago but it hasn't been impleented, again, as far as I know.  I don't follow new features closely, though I read announcements about new versions.

Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2019 4:20 AM
Subject: [nvda] Identifying capital letters

Hi all,

I am well aware of the NVDA settings for indicating capital letters with beeps or saying "cap" before capitals and the pitch change to indicate capitls. What I really want to find a way to do is to use my preferred option (beep for capitals) when using read-all. The capital indications only seem to be performed when reading character-by-character.

I'm writing up my 6,000-word MA degree dissertation and my supervisor noticed there were a few instances where I'd added some text at the start of an existing  sentence and forgotten to turn the old first letter to lower case. The only way I could detect that would be by reading the 34,869 characters one by one and listening for the beep. That is not an option!

Is there any way to get the capital indication to be active during read-all?

Thanks,

Giles