Re: Section Symbol not reading

Quentin Christensen

Rae,

Mine was set to Level: All.  What that means is it will ONLY get read when the symbol level is set to All.  NVDA+P moves between Symbol levels:
None: No symbols are read
Some: Very common symbols such as % and # are read.
Most: Most symbols are read.
All: Every symbol is read.

So, to have it read at more punctuation levels, set it to something higher on that list - some, for instance.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 1:13 AM rae.rankin via Groups.Io <rae.rankin=dca.ca.gov@groups.io> wrote:

Quentin,
I'm using the symbol for the word section §. I deal with documents that reference legislation. For example a document (Word, Powerpoint, PDF, etc) says "Article 6, § 3351.4."

I've looked in the punctuation formatting and I can see the symbol in there and have it set to read it always. But it doesn't. It skips the symbol all together.

Thanks,

Rae

--
Quentin Christensen