Re: Identifying capital letters

Ricardo Leonarczyk

Hi Giles,

Some time ago I needed something similar to what you're asking, for a very specific situation. So I put some entries in the dictionary for doing that, as you suggested in your message.
Even though for your situation I would stick to using the regex in an editor as others have already pointed out, I'm sharing the .dic file with the regular expressions, in case it is useful for you or someone else.
The link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TbJPRK37giS2xAAUSiC8WWY2QKaFDf8A

Now, it's in the way that best worked for me in the time, maybe it will need some tweaking to have it according to your taste. Also it's not the best way to do it, but it seems to work most of the time.

The way it is now, when NVDA finds individual upper case letters, it will first say "cap" and after will speak the letter, without breaking the word (inserting a space). When it finds a sequence of uppercase characters it'll say "All cap" and the sequence of letters as a whole word.

So for example, "Test" would become cap test, and "TEST" would be spoken as allcap test.

Em sáb, 7 de set de 2019 às 10:32, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...> escreveu:

given the suggestions about regular expression searches, would it be possible to write a regular expression for NVDA's speech dictionary where a capital letter anywehre gets spoken as, for example, Home as "capital Home," or hOme as "h capitl Ome?"

That would enable me to listen from start to end, something I'm going to need to do before submission, and hear any cap;capitals as I go?

Thanks for the suggested regular expressions, Luke :)

Giles