Re: Switching from Win7 To Win10?

Kevin Huber

Thanks Roger.
Kevin Huber

On 7/8/16, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
Mainstream support means they are adding features and improvements to
Windows. After this ends, extended support means no new features will be
added, but security update and bug fixes will still come out until
extended support ends.

Roger

On 7/8/2016 3:25 PM, Kevin Huber wrote:
Hi:
What is the difference between standard support and extended support?
Kevin Huber

On 7/8/16, Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
Microsoft's standard support for Windows 7 ended on 13th January 2015.

Extended support ends on 14th January 2020.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/lifecycle?c2=14019 for details.

Antony.

On Friday 08 July 2016 at 15:23:44, David Russell wrote:

Hello Group members,

I have held off on switching from Win7 to Win10 until now, and note
that in North America, switching is free until July 29.

I believe for vision-impaired NVDA users, myself included, resources
like the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk will help one switch.

I use NVDA, FireFox, MS Word, Jarte, and Google as primary programs
and often listen to online radio through tunein.com.

Have bugs been sufficiently resolved to make switching a viable option?

Has anyone seen how long Microsoft intends to provide support for Win7
beyond July 2016?

I bought my computer last September, and hope to retain it for at
least 3 more years. Thanks for input.
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

Please reply to the
list;
please *don't*