Re: excel problem

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Garry,

Good! Now we know that you have assigned the top row to be the column headers! Just to confirm that I have that right, can you say what keystrokes you used to tell NVDA that the Date row was the header row?

This ghost citing of a previous number sounds like a misplaced header reference, that is why I want to know the exact key sequence you used to define the header and I also need you to confirm the row number which you used to make the definition.

After that, we need to check the Row header process. Row headers are defined by any vertical column which you choose to identify for that purpose. You would hear the results of your selection when you arrow up or down on the worksheet.

There is no way that NVDA can remember a previous cell and repeat it to you unless something has been changed.

Would you check your document settings in NVDA (NVDA+control+d) and see if anything looks odd to you and report back what you find?

You say that you hear the content of a previous cell when you arrow. Is that when you arrow up or down? Or, is it when you arrow left or right?

It would be a help if you could use column and row references to clarify your examples so that we can picture the relationship between the cells that you are referring to.

All the best,

Cearbhall