Re: excel problem

Jackie

You may wish to go into your options menu & uncheck the "enable live
preview" option. I found this dramatically solved my problems w/Excel.
I also unchecked the "show minitoolbar on selection".

On 9/9/19, Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
Garry,

Good! Now we know that you have assigned the top row to be the column
headers! Just to confirm that I have that right, can you say what
keystrokes
you used to tell NVDA that the Date row was the header row?

This ghost citing of a previous number sounds like a misplaced header
reference, that is why I want to know the exact key sequence you used to
define the header and I also need you to confirm the row number which you
used to make the definition.

After that, we need to check the Row header process. Row headers are
defined
by any vertical column which you choose to identify for that purpose. You
would hear the results of your selection when you arrow up or down on the
worksheet.

There is no way that NVDA can remember a previous cell and repeat it to you
unless something has been changed.

Would you check your document settings in NVDA (NVDA+control+d) and see if
anything looks odd to you and report back what you find?

You say that you hear the content of a previous cell when you arrow. Is
that
when you arrow up or down? Or, is it when you arrow left or right?

It would be a help if you could use column and row references to clarify
your examples so that we can picture the relationship between the cells
that
you are referring to.

All the best,

Cearbhall