In other words, it sounds to me like NVDA is trying to keep up to date with what windows 10 development team is doing themselves?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2019-09-10 11:11 AM, Rob Hudson wrote:
But it doesn't tell us how it will do that. Sounds like a lot of doublespeak to me.

On 2019-09-10 10:41 AM, Vincent Le Goff wrote:
Hi everyone,

I recently saw some users advising to turn on the "UI automation in
Windows console settings" for those experiencing issues with the
Windows console.  I'm relying a lot on this console (that is, cmd.exe,
not PowerShell) for development, testing and such.  I couldn't find
what this setting was.  I did try to turn it on and, (ho horrors), my
Braille display saw nothing but weird characters in the console!  So I
quickly turned it off.  Don't know what the synthesizer reports, but
my Braille display doesn't report anything consistent, or even readable.

Can someone elaborate on what this setting is supposed to do? There's
a good reason it's in "advanced settings", I guess, but if it's bound
to be merged and active by default in later versions of NVDA, I will
stress that it's not working (at least, in Braille, as far as I could
tell).  I couldn't find a document that explained this feature in more
details, I might have missed it.

Just curious here.

Cheers,

Vincent