Just FYI.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

On 2019-09-11 10:43 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
Yep portable will work fine for testing the Windows console - and we're working on getting all the add-ons updated.  Joseph has made a handy list here:  https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/nvdapy3.en.html

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 5:41 PM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

I might try it out as portable, but, if try to install it on laptop, over current 19.2, it tells me pretty much every add-on is incompatible.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
On 2019-09-11 1:22 AM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
There have been some improvements for command-line use in recent alphas.  Feel free to try the latest alpha and see how it works on the command line for you:  https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/snapshots/

Note it's an "alpha" release so might not be as stable as 2019.2, particularly as we've updated to Python 3 and for instance, not all add-ons are compatible yet - we're working on getting them all updated, but only about 2/3 there so far.

Quentin

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 6:29 PM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:
Ok, for interest's sake, switching on UIA for command line, does
interfere with things like object navigation and screen review in the
normal cmd.exe interface, so have now set up two separate configuration
profiles, so that can easily/quickly switch to the one with UIA switched
on when I want to, but, can otherwise normally, keep it switched off.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

--