links on web page

Don H

Running win 10 1903 and latest version2019.2 and google chrome.
I have a web page for my investments that has things that NVDA says are links that I can't open. I have tried hitting enter on them, used insert f7 to get the elements list to activate the link and nothing happens. I have tried hitting insert space bar before hitting enter and nothing happens.
If i get sighted help they can use a physical mouse to left click the link which then opens a list of options similar to what a combo box might do. Any other ideas as how to deal with such a link?
Thanks