Re: NVDA pronouncing "no" as "number" with some widgets but only with Microsoft synthesizers

Luke,

             [Nn][Oo]\.* (\d+) number \2 was a mistake with the \2, it should have been \1

I do not understand the need for the double backslashes in your:  ([Nn][Oo]\\.*)(?= *\\d+) as that means you are actually escaping the backslash. And running this through the Regex101.com engines confirms that. I get the "don't consume" bit, but try to avoid using that myself.

All of the above being said, I did a cut and past of your regular expression for the number abbreviation situation, and am still getting NVDA saying "No" for it.  Notepad file of test phrases is:

No, I won't go.

No no no

Chanel No. 5

Space no. 763

No. 7

Something's off here.  I even still get the no pronunciation if I take those double backslashes out and use singles:

The Regex101 engines all show that matching the classic N O period abbreviation for number, but NVDA is not saying Number when that's used.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide