From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] the new nod32 9.0?

Yes, your experience is correct. If you check the ESET site, they
clearly say not to use version 9 if you are using a screen reader but to
stick with Version 8 for now.

Roger

On 7/18/2016 4:43 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
Hi, I was recently asked to look at the new nod32 version 9 to see
whether it would be safe to upgrade. The install was a nightmare! I
powered through it, but the tap key could not focus any onscreen
elements during the install and there were no alt key nemonics. F5
properly brought up the advanced settings window but nothing in either
the main or advanced windows could get focus with the tab, and NVDA
reported unknown repeatedly when new windows open and close. Is this
the general experience of nvda with Nod32 9, or is there something in
my setup that might be causing it?

They make a big splash about working with jaws if you look at the
downloads page, but jaws is a dying art and the sooner the better in
my view. In any case, most features should be pretty accessible if
they designed it properly no matter which screen reader is in use and
so I was a bit dismayed to see what's happening. I'm running windows
seven still in case that makes a difference.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf
Freelance jack of many trades! Visit my website:
http://www.theoutofworkbum.work
Also check out my website for inclusion to the android platform for
persons with sensery, physical or cognitive disabilities:
http://www.inclusiveandroid.com