Re: Creating a new synthesizer

I remember the site I'm about to give you form ages ago. They are still at it. This is from a slightly different angle than what you might be looking for. Here it is:

www.modeltalker.org

Hi everyone,

We get asked about creating a new synthesizer from time to time - either simply for ANY synthesizer to support a particular language, or someone wants to create a brand new one, perhaps with their own voice.

Normally I suggest looking at the eSpeak NG project as a starting point.  I was wondering, does anyone have any useful links on how to go about this, that I can pass on when I get such inquiries, please?

I appreciate it's a very complex undertaking, which is why I'm asking here.  If I'm going to pass on anything, I'd rather pass on something of some quality, rather than just a random link off eBay.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen