Microsoft word: determine bullet shapes with NVDA

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Hi everyone,

I'm working with Microsoft Word a lot these days.  I like to have consistent documents and try to create visually-attracting ones when I can, with headers and footers and nice tables and so on. I'm following the guide to Microsoft Word with NVDA, which is very useful.  However, one thing I can't figure out how to do: when in a bulleted list, how do you know what bullet is used?  I like to use the same kind for all my ordered list.  As far as I know, when trying to avoid standard bullets (I personally like the "filled square" one), Word relies on numbers (like bullet 318) when you try to insert.  But does NVDA reports the kind of bullet used? And if so, how?  This information doesn't seem to be present in NVDA+F.  On the other hand, I think one cannot focus the bullets to "see" what they are, though I might be mistaken about that.

As someone who doesn't and can't use the speech output, relying on just auditory indications isn't going to work, though I can still use the speech viewer if needed.

Thanks for your help,

Vincent