Re: Notepad++ add on - getting it to work?

Luke Davis

First, where did you download it from exactly? What filename did the installer have?

Second, I don't remember you saying if you had a 64 bit or 32 bit computer. I assume 64 bit, and that you downloaded the 64 bit version of Notepad++, but some confirmation could be good.

Third, if you do as Brian said, and remove the add-on and re-install it, before you re-install can you test Notepad++ and see whether it is still slow?

Fourth, what version of the add-on are you using? Sorry if you answered that already. You can find it in the NVDA add-ons manager, by reading the entry for the add-on in the installed add-ons list.

Luke

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019, Aine Kelly Costello wrote:

Okay, firstly I didn’t realise Notepad was separate to the ++ one sorry, so I’ve definitely downloaded and installed ++ now, which is version 7.7.1.

I’ve no idea what I’m doing wrong but there’s a ridiculous amount of lag whenever I try to type anything, or arrow around in Notepad++, to the point where
it’s unusable. Because it’s so slow, I’m not sure if the add-on is working, but I don’t think so, none of the keyboard shortcuts I’m trying for markdown
view or bookmarks are doing anything, and the markdown one inserts an h into the file instead of working. Ideas?

Thank you very much!

‘Aine