Re: looking for an raml editor that works with nvda

John Isige

Oh sure. I'm not trying to imply there's no point to anything
specialized, e.g. an IDE. I'm just saying, you don't necessarily need
anything special for writing the language either. FYI the site mentions
plugins for other programs, so there might be a plugin for Notepad++ or
Eclipse, which I think is also accessible.

On 9/15/2019 18:55, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 07:34 PM, John Isige wrote:

it looks like plain text and even mentions using any random text
editor.

Well, there are lots of things that fit this description, and for
which any text editor "would work."

That being said, using "any text editor" often results in some pretty
awful looking code that's hard to follow, both by oneself when
reviewing it much later, or by others who didn't read it.

Specialized text editors such as Notepad++, and there are others,
exist to automatically enforce either coding rules and/or formatting
conventions common to a specific programming language. They're a very
good programmer's aid and catch all kinds of "easy to make" errors
that can be difficult to find at times just by trying to read through
one's own code.

*The color of truth is grey.*

           ~ André Gide