Re: Changing audio devices

Lukasz Golonka <wulfryk1@...>

Hello,

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:09:34 +0100
"Damien Garwood" <damien@...> wrote:

Giles's question about progress bars has made me remember a question I've been meaning to ask for some time now.
For some reason, if I change NVDA's audio device, the speech and sound effects are changed instantly, but tones (such as progress beeps) still come from the original device unless I save the settings and restart NVDA.
This has been the case for every NVDA version I have used, so I'm assuming it's not a bug and there is a valid reason for this behaviour?

Your assumbtion is incorrect. This is a bug. There are two related reports on the bug tracker:
and

Regards
Lukasz