Re: Weather_Plus7.1 update available

Chris Mullins

Hi Betsy

The log file you sent looks like you have just started up your laptop, then copied the log and sent it.  You need to try accessing the city settings in Windows Plus to  get to that point where it doesn’t work, then copy the log and send it.  Adriano can then look for any error information that might be present in the log data.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Betsy Grenevitch
Sent: 22 September 2019 21:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather_Plus7.1 update available

Thanks Chris, I will try this and see if anything changes. I just find it strange that it worked fine until I shut down the laptop.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/22/2019 6:19 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi Betsy

If, like me, you find the nvda+control+shift+alt+w an extremely difficult keystroke to press, there is an easier way to get to the same place in the Weather Plus Settings, though it’s a slightly longer route.  Try the following:

1. Open the NVDA menu using NVDA+n
  2. Press the letter p to open the preferences sub-menu
  3. Press the letter s until you find “Weather Plus Settings sub-menu s”, and press enter
  4. Press the letter m to open the “Set and manage your cities” dialog box.

You are now at the same point as if you had pressed the keys in step 1 of Adriano’s instructions

Cheers

Chris

you would have be  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Betsy Grenevitch
Sent: 22 September 2019 03:26
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weather_Plus7.1 update available

Thank you so much. I have written down these steps. I will see if I can get it working again. I turned off my computer while I was gone and now the weather says I do not have an ID.

Betsy from Georgia

On 9/21/2019 1:54 PM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

1. press nvda+control+shift+alt+w.
2. in the edit box digit the city you want to find.
3. press "test" button.
4 if the city is valid you can feel a beep acute, you can now see the details wen press "details" bbutton "Details" and you can set to default the city or simply add to your list withbuttons respectively "Preset" or "Add".
5. Now if you you are satisfied press the button"Ok".
Done!

If you want to learn more about the other features of Weather_Plus you must read the readme.html file you find on the
nvda menu, preferences submenu, weather plus settings, documentation.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/09/2019 19:32, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

When I installed the ad-on and it read the help message it did not tell me how to set up an ID or anything like that. I am still very much a novice with things like this and would really appreciate knowing where to find a step=by-step of how to use the program. I would like to thank whoever worked on this program but please realize that some of us are not experts with computers and programs.

On 9/21/2019 8:31 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi,

Every addon you install displays a manifest message, you often find all the information you need to use it, often there is also a button that opens the documentation.
If the addon is already installed you can see the manifest by accessing from tools, manage add-ons or from preferences, weather_plus settings, documentation.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/09/2019 14:14, Betsy Grenevitch ha scritto:

Once the weather app  is downloaded how does it work? IN other words, what are the keystrokes to use the app. By the way, whoever did the clock app that was discussed recently, I am really enjoying hearing the clock every half hour. It brings back memories of the old cuckoo clock my family used to have.

On 9/21/2019 7:30 AM, Adriano Barbieri via Groups.Io wrote:

Hi to every one,

Important changes in this version 7.1:
• Fixed bug in Removeupdate() during addon restart if the file is set in read only.

Weather_Plus can update itself, however you can download it from the following pages:
http://www.nvda.it/files/plugin/weather_plus7.1.nvda-addon
Or:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/Weather_Plus.en.html

I wish thank Noelia, Abdel, Rémy, Zvonimir and all the translators for support this addon.

Greetings
Adriano

-- 
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876
-- 
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876
-- 
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876
-- 
Betsy Grenevitch
678=862-3876

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.