Re: THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Once you have set a location, the most frequently used commands are
NVDA+w to read todays forecast
NVDA+Shift+w to read forecast for up to the next 9 days
If you try pressing NVDA+w and you get an error saying the WOE Id is missing, you need to set a location, as follows:
1. Open the NVDA menu using NVDA+n
2. Press the letter p to open the preferences sub-menu
3. Press the letter s until you find “Weather Plus Settings sub-menu s”, and press enter
4. Press the letter m to open the “Set and manage your cities” dialog box.
5. in the edit box, type in your location and postcode in the form CityName, PostCode
6. Tab to and press "test" button.
7 if the location is valid you can hear a beep , tab to the details button and press it to read the location details.
8. you can set the location as the Preset default or simply add to your list using the appropriate buttons
9. Tab through the other controls, checking options you want to include in the forecast for your location.
10. When done, tab to OK and press enter
If you want to learn more about the other features of Weather_Plus you must read the readme.html file you find on the
nvda menu, preferences submenu, weather plus settings, documentation.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Stephen Thacker
Sent: 22 September 2019 19:19
Subject: [nvda] THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON
Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?
Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10