Re: THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON

Chris Mullins

Hi Steve

What synthesizer are you using?

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Thacker
Sent: 23 September 2019 02:09
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON

Hi, I have setup the Weather Plus with my city and all the other options I wish to be read within the forecast. However when I press NVDA key with w nothing happens at all so what is the remedy please?

Thanks for any help, Steveh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 22 September 2019 22:38
Subject: Re: [nvda] THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON

Hi

Once you have set a location, the most frequently used commands are

NVDA+w to read todays forecast

NVDA+Shift+w to read forecast for up to the next 9 days

If you try pressing NVDA+w and you get an error saying the WOE Id is missing, you need to set a location, as follows:

1. Open the NVDA menu using NVDA+n

2. Press the letter p to open the preferences sub-menu

3. Press the letter s until you find “Weather Plus Settings sub-menu s”, and press enter

4. Press the letter m to open the “Set and manage your cities” dialog box.

5. in the edit box, type in your location and postcode in the form CityName, PostCode

6. Tab to and press "test" button.

7 if the location is valid you can hear a beep , tab to the details button and press it to read the location details.

8. you can set the location as  the Preset default or simply add to your list using the appropriate buttons

9. Tab through the other controls, checking options you want to include in the forecast for your location.

10. When done, tab to OK and press enter

If you want to learn more about the other features of Weather_Plus you must read the readme.html file you find on the

nvda menu, preferences submenu, weather plus settings, documentation.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Thacker
Sent: 22 September 2019 19:19
Subject: [nvda] THE WEATHER 7.1 ADDON

Hi, when I arrived home late last night, Saturday, I switched on my pc which uses Windows 10 64 bit and the latest version of NVDA and it asked me if I wanted to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1. I have now the latest version on my pc, but how do I use this addon, ie what keys do I press to get results please?

Thanks for any help, Steve Thacker from the UK.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.