Re: NVDA and accessible kindle book

Mary Otten

Well, at least they ought to make it adjustable and give us voice choices. whatever they picked is not too great. My sighted husband has heard it and put thumbs down. He actually can understand other "human-sounding" voices at a somewhat faster speed than Kindle gives you.

On 9/23/2019 3:58 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually many of my sighted friends prefer speech that slow. They think ours sounds like a mess. Lol!

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 23 Sep 2019, at 15:35, Mary Otten wrote:

Well, that's interesting, Diane. Don't see why you still couldn't just turn that speech off and use your own. The speech is pretty monotone and seriouslyu slow. No sighted guy I know would deal with that.

Mary

On 9/23/2019 2:31 PM, Diane wrote:

My name is Diane from Ohio.  I had trouble last year with this same thing. I called Amazon and the guy told that if the bhook has speech with, that it won't let the screen readers read.  I think you have to read it with a braille display or on a phone or other i'devices.  I think more and more books have speech with them now so people can hear them.

Hope this helps.  That's what the tech guy told me for sure.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Otten" maryotten@...