Re: Can't open settings dialogues in NVDA 2019.2.

Sarah k Alawami

Per usual, what version of NVDa, what version of windows? And no I'm not having the issue. But I'm on the public build anyway.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 24 Sep 2019, at 0:36, Darrell Shandrow Hilliker wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Does no one else ever experience this issue?

It seems strange completely removing and re-installing NVDA does not correct the issue.

It turns out no NVDA-generated dialogue boxes show up.

Press Caps Lock + N, go into Preferences, and select any menu item that leads to a dialogue box. Nothing at all. No error messages. Nothing.

Are there some shared NVDA components installed somewhere else I should remove before trying again?

Thanks,

Darrell

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Darrell Shandrow Hilliker via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Can't open settings dialogues in NVDA 2019.2.

Hello Everyone,

I seem to be unable to open important settings dialogues, such as General or Speech, in NVDA 2019.2.

I am running Windows 10 Home (latest 1903 update).

I have already removed and re-installed NVDA from the ground up without success.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Darrell

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.