Re: German Braille Input

Sascha Cowley

Okay.

I had a fiddle with the Braille Edge's internal Braille settings, changing its Braille Table to German and whatnot, and it didn't make a difference.

Regards,
Sascha

On 25/09/2019 06:53, Sascha Cowley wrote:

Hi Robert,

I hadn't thought of that, since I didn't think the Edge's language would effect what was being sent via the terminal. I'll have a fiddle later and see if I have any luck!

Regards,
Sascha

On 24/09/2019 19:08, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

You have me curious. I wonder if the Edge has a way to change languages. BTW, if you need the manual in text let me know and I will send you a link.

??

******If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why??? then where does the learning start?***??????????

??

Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 10:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] German Braille Input

??

Hello all,

I took ownership of my Braille display - a Braille Edge 40 - yesterday, and thus far, I've been able to work out how to do most things I want/need to do with it.

However, I'm having trouble inputting German Braille. When, for example, I try to insert "??", i get "`" instead. Braille output, however, is fine. I've had a look at the Braille Table files, and it would appear that dots345 is assigned to at least two things, and I'm assuming this is where the problem is: NVDA (or rather Liblouis) doesn't know which one I want to enter.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong, or if there is some sort of fix for this problem? Please keep in mind that I only started learning German at the start of the year, and am completely new to German Braille.

Thanks in advance,
Sascha

??

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.