Re: Functioning Suddenly Limited in Skype

Sarah k Alawami

I never use the find command forr skype. It's first leter nav for me. Also no issues iwht the short cut keys here in my version of skype which I believe is the latest. I'll have to play with that. Try first leter nav as it should be a lot faster and also add chats and contacts to your favorites as well. This will make for speedier nav.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 25 Sep 2019, at 3:38, Rich DeSteno wrote:

Over the last couple of weeks, I have experienced some significant limitations using NVDA in Skype.  I am using the current version of both programs.  When I go into Skype, the NVDA "find" command of insert-control-f no longer works at all.  Thus, I cannot quickly find a contact in my list with the "find" command as I did previously.  Also, certain Skype shortcut keys no longer work.  For example, I cannot use control-shift-p to make a phone call to a contact once I highlight the name.  To accomplish these tasks, I now must arrow up and down in my contact list to locate a contact, and then I must press Enter on the contact and tab over to "make an audio call" in order to call the contact.  I have tried maximizing the screen, reloading NVDA when I get into Skype, and a few other things, but nothing solves the problem.  Any ideas on what is going on here?

--
Rich De Steno

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.