Re: Admin's notice: Eloquence #adminnotice

Sky Mundell

Yes I use the SAPI 5 version of it myself.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Admin's notice: Eloquence #adminnotice

Hello!

Besides the NVDA add-on for Eloquence, Code Factory also have a SAPI5
version...

Both are legal ways of using Eloquence with our prefered screen reader,
NVDA!

Rui Fontes

Às 18:20 de 26/09/2019, Nimer Jaber escreveu:
Hello NVDA List:

I wish I would have caught the thread which started yesterday earlier,
but unfortunately, I've been sick. I want to provide a bit of guidance
as to what is and is not allowed in respect of discussing Eloquence and
add-ons in general.

Eloquence was a banned topic on the NVDA list for a long time because
there was no legal way to use it. Some add-ons were and continue to be
floating around, but these add-ons are mostly illegal. Codefactory
released an add-on for Eloquence. Once this version of Eloquence became
available, the idea of banning eloquence as a discussion topic relaxed a
bit. So, moving forward, Eloquence is not to be discussed unless the
Eloquence which is being discussed is the one by codefactory. If anyone
knows of a legal way to use Eloquence apart from this add-on, which is
not free and is available for purchase, please write to
nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda%2Bowner@nvda.groups.io> and let
us know. Any discussion of any free method for using Eloquence, or any
free eloquence add-on, or any method of circumventing paying for the
legitimate add-on is prohibited and will be enforced stringently and
without warnings. Let this message be your warning. Any topic about
eloquence free add-ons will not be permitted on list by new users. Any
user who has been around this list posting about free methods for using
Eloquence will be placed on no-post status for a week, and subsequently
perminently or unless the list owners choose to lift the ban. Any topic
having to do with free eloquence will be immediately closed. Any person
responding to a thread about free eloquence, particularly if those
messages contain links to free eloquence will face the same consequence
as the individual who initiates discussion of this illegal add-on.

Second, users wishing to download add-ons are highly encouraged to visit
the NVDA add-on site. NVDA really should have a way of signing add-ons
that are legitimate, and informing users of ones which are not, but not
sure this is even possible. In any case, this list will deal with
add-ons which are posted on the NVDA add-ons page, and users are
encouraged highly to not download add-ons from 3rd-party sites. There
are a number of sites which host illegal versions of add-ons, and these
are prohibited from being discussed on list. This thread is not just
about Eloquence, it is about any add-on which is illegal, or offers a
free way to use a paid version of an add-on, such as a voice synth.

If you have questions, please write to the NVDA owner address, and I
will do my best to clarify. If you disagree, please do write to the NVDA
owner address.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970)
(393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!