def script_copyToClipboard(self,gesture):

On the other hand, my workaround bypasses this shortcut and triggers default windows copy to clipboard behavior.

--Tony

On 9/27/2019 11:57 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Surely these are Windows functions and nothing to do with any screen reader.  Copy the text to the clipboard then try using the “Paste Special” options in MS Word.  I believe it’s on the Home sub-menu.

Cheers

~Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: 27 September 2019 18:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Question About Copying Text

I believe this is a feature (or a known problem) of NVDA - all the copy/paste commands in NVDA operate only on plain text. I just checked with Jaws - it can preserve formatting and hyperlinks when copying from browser to Microsoft word. Maybe others can tell whether this works with narrator.

I think I just found this workaround for you. If you select text in browser and then instead of pressing Control+C you press applications button and in the context menu select copy, then at least the hyperlinks seem to be preserved. This works for me when copying from Chrome to MS Word.

--Tony

Hi. Okay, let me try to explain this better. I'm taking an online class where there's a lot of reading. For some of the discussion board posts, we're supposed to copy and paste the part of the reading that we want to talk about. When my classmates copy text from the reading, they somehow manage to keep the links and other formatting intact. I want to be able to do this. I'm copying from a web page and pasting it into a rich text edit field. When I paste the copied text, all formatting and links seem to have been removed. I hope this helps you understand what I'm trying to do. Thanks.

On 9/27/2019 1:28 AM, Sandesh computer trainer HR wrote:

Hi,
I am try to understand your requirement.
Do you needed to see the web format in rich format document.
Or while your students copying text from web they should not copy the
links which comes in middle of the actual detailed text.

Kindly write your requirement with scenario
It is easy to help you out.
Because I have seen few NVDA and windows ten selection and paste
options and when require I am also applying it.

With regards,
Sandesh HR

On 9/27/19, Lanie Molinar <laniemolinar91@...> wrote:
I'm not saving it. I'm copying it from a web page into a rich text edit
box. I've also seen this when copying from a web page into a Microsoft
Word document though.

On 9/26/2019 9:08 PM, Monte Single wrote:
Email Signature

What kind of document are you pasting the copied material into and in
what format are you saving it?