Re: Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

Tyler Wood

I stopped using Thunderbird because of excessive memory usage (there is no reason for an email client to use 800 plus MB of ram) and absolutely horrific responsiveness, at least with NVDA.

Outlook, for me, is working fantastic. Windows 10 mail was really nice until it started expanding all my threaded messages. So was thunderbird until going through folders /gmail labels resulted in a 5-10 second wait time with NVDA per folder. That is hardly productive.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: September 29, 2019 9:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

I've ben having issues since tBird 60, so last year, , same lag as everyone else, typng etc, Even the 64 bit version lags just a bit as well.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 29 Sep 2019, at 6:14, Gene wrote:

I see no reason for people to upgrade Thunderbird every time one is offerred.  It may be, as a list member implied, that the problem is worse with one or morenewer versions.  Has this problem been around since before Quantum Thunderbird or did it coincide with Quantum?

Unless people want new features, which usually have nothing to do with e-mail, they might solve the problem by going back to older versions and seeing where the problem no longer exists or is minor.

Of course, there is always the possibility of vulnerabilities in older versions of Thunderbird but e-mail is a very old protocol and I doubt anything, or anything serious, exists, going back a good way.

Gene,