Re: Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

Tyler Wood

I stopped using Thunderbird because of excessive memory usage (there is no reason for an email client to use 800 plus MB of ram) and absolutely horrific responsiveness, at least with NVDA.

Outlook, for me, is working fantastic. Windows 10 mail was really nice until it started expanding all my threaded messages. So was thunderbird until going through folders /gmail labels resulted in a 5-10 second wait time with NVDA per folder. That is hardly productive.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: September 29, 2019 9:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

I've ben having issues since tBird 60, so last year, , same lag as everyone else, typng etc, Even the 64 bit version lags just a bit as well.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 29 Sep 2019, at 6:14, Gene wrote:

I see no reason for people to upgrade Thunderbird every time one is offerred.  It may be, as a list member implied, that the problem is worse with one or morenewer versions.  Has this problem been around since before Quantum Thunderbird or did it coincide with Quantum? 

Unless people want new features, which usually have nothing to do with e-mail, they might solve the problem by going back to older versions and seeing where the problem no longer exists or is minor.

Of course, there is always the possibility of vulnerabilities in older versions of Thunderbird but e-mail is a very old protocol and I doubt anything, or anything serious, exists, going back a good way.

Gene,

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2019 1:19 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

Hi.

No issues here either and I've been using it for years.

Cheers,

Mo.

On 29/09/2019 02:35, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Group,

I don't get it either.

On 9/28/2019 6:34 PM, Robert Kingett wrote:

I never understood why people are getting this lag? I don't get it. If you delete your trash regularly, change the settings so that absolutely nothing is saved on the machine, and delete emails rather than keeping junk mail, there is no lag what so ever with NVDA. I don't get it, and I don't understand why so many are having this issue.

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.