From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Signal App

Ok, I've installed Signal Desktop. Either I'm totally stupid, or it
doesn't work as expected with NVDA.

I can't even set it up properly. It keeps telling me that my data have
been imported, and that I have to choose a folder. I can't choose any
folder, and it isn't clear where data are placed.

Don't know what to say...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 30/09/2019 17:36, Mallard ha scritto:
Hello Cordelia,

I'm using Signal on android, and was just going to install it on Windows.

From what a friend told me, it should work wel with NVDA, because it
works in html.

He was complaining about the fact that Signal displays messages as a
table, rather than as a list on Windows,

but I haven't seen it myself yet.

If you agree, let's try and install it, and then compare notes, either
here or off-list.

I don't know whether this would be considered O.T., but it's about
NVDA's interaction with an app, so I don't know.

I'm a bit confused about what's on topic and what isn't.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 30/09/2019 11:47, Cordelia Scharpf ha scritto:
Hi:

I am new to this list. Therefore, please pardon me if this question
has already been raised and answered. I would like to know if NVDA is
compatible with and works well with Signal App on Windows 10 PCs to
be used as a substitute for WhatsApp.

Thanks and best,
Cordelia