If anyone has a question about whether or not something is on topic, please write to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and I would be happy to discuss this with you. I don't believe the current policies are confusing, but if you believe they are, please let me know that as well.

Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:15 AM Cordelia Scharpf <CScharpf@...> wrote:
Hi, Ollie:

Thanks for testing Signal. I wonder whether things might improve if the window itself were maximized. This was one of the pieces of advice I often got from tech foks whenever I ran into trouble with seeing the screen of a software program set up the first time around. Either it needs to be "maximized" from within or from outside by "maximizing" the link of said software program on the desktop. (I am still using Windows 7, so I have not tried Signal yet.)

And yes, let's compare notes on how it does on Windows. I would like to use in addition to the one installed on my iPhone.

Same as you, I am not sure whether it is okay  to discuss this topic here  or whether we shall do so privately.

Best,
Cordelia

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mallard
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Signal App

Ok, I've installed Signal Desktop. Either I'm totally stupid, or it
doesn't work as expected with NVDA.

I can't even set it up properly. It keeps telling me that my data have
been imported, and that I have to choose a folder. I can't choose any
folder, and it isn't clear where data are placed.

Don't know what to say...

Ciao,

Ollie

--