Re: Jaws is now doing better with thunderbird than nvda

Sarah k Alawami

Yep still having that issue here as well. But now TBird is a bit speedier with NVDA, not by much but at least I don't get the busy busybusy thign anymore.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 30 Sep 2019, at 8:31, Sile via Groups.Io wrote:

Thanks Robert, this really helped.

I still have one issue with TB - when I am replying to a message, it sometimes feels like I am typing through mud, because the system lags and stutters - it is really noticeable if I have character echo on.

But it doesn't happen consistently ...

--Sile

On 2019-09-30 11:09 a.m., Robert Kingett wrote:

To make sure TB keeps nothing at all on the machine, follow these steps after adding your IMAP account. I don't use POP 3, so don't ask me about POP 3. I also give instructions on how to empty your trash when closing TB automatically.

1. Open Tools.
2. Open account settings.
3. Expand the main account tree view you want to change.
4. Go down to synchronization and storage.
5. Press tab once. NVDA will speak for a while, but you will land on the keep messages in all folders on this machine. Uncheck it.
6. Hit OK.

To empty your trash on exit...

1. Repeat steps 1 to 3 above. Hit Tools, account settings. expand your account tree view you want to change.
2. Go to server settings.
3. Tab until you hear a storage category. 2 check boxes will be here. Empty inbox on exit and empty trash on exit.
4. Check, empty trash on exit.
5. Hit OK.