Re: Thunderbird saying unknown

Thanks for the info on how to get rid of all of those extra things
that you have to tab through.
I was keen to use TB to replace my gMail webmail. The things that I
really want is to be able to view conversations as in gMail and to
hear the first line or two of the email so I don't have to open the
email if I don't want to.
I experimented with preview pane and didn't seem to figure out how to work it.
I also downloaded the conversations add-on and installed it ... and I
can't figure it out either. It seems to have merged my two gMail
accounts and it takes forever to get through the different folders to
get to the labels/sub folders that I have for each account.
Has anyone else been able to get it to work? Or does anyone have a
tutorial that points to streamlining your TB view and or one making TB
work similarly to gMail's webmail?

thanks,
Melissa

On 3/9/16, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> wrote:
Using the layout submenu in the View menu, I have set Tbird to display only
the folder list and the currently selected folder displaying the list of
messages, which is about as bare bones as it gets. Pressing enter on a
message opens the body, esc to return to the list. In the Layout sub-menu I
only have the Vertical view, and folder list items checked. The tab key
just loops arount between the tab control of the currently selected folder,
the selected folder in the folder treeview and the currently select message
in the list window. The listed messages details are accessed using the
table navigation keys Control Alt Arrows. It’s a while since I set it up,
there may be other settings I made to get it to this state, which I did to
make it easy for a friend of mine to use. NVDA usually says unknown when
it encounters a control or unlabelled icon it can’t interpret. I get this
after pressing enter on a message in the list, when the message body opens
but I’ve not experienced any difficulties using it.

For completeness, Control n to compose a new message, Control enter to send
it.

Cheers

Chris