From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] tracking down NVDA triggers

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 01:23 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Only after trying to figure out what’s up with NVDA should we look into SFC.

Joseph, given what was offered in the original message, I am willing to presume that NVDA debugging, including a possible uninstall/reinstall, has already taken place.  Perhaps it hasn't, but then I'd hope that might be tried as a step.

I stand by my advice, which does not include doing a completely clean reinstall unless all other methods fail.  Doing an SFC and DISM as "good housekeeping" hurts absolutely nothing, and can also serve as a diagnostic step.

There are multiple ways to come at any problem, and I am not about to allow my advice to be grossly mischaracterized.   It's a fairly simple matter to do some significant "Windows 10 Health Checks" to see if something could be wrong.  It has been my experience that when uncharacteristic behaviors such as those described are occurring it's generally not the application program that's at fault.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide