Re: NVDA not reading table in MSWord

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Quentin,

What a magnificent reply! I will keep this nearby for future reference. I look forward to the full document when it comes out.

Strangely, something has changed! I now find that I can read the offending table. I spent about four hours yesterday struggling with various ways of reading the document and getting a full analysis of how the table was created.

As I reported last night, I found that I was able to read word documents without any trouble by the end of the evening. Prompted by your request this morning, I went to the original file attachment, saved it again, unblocked it  and tried the table in both browse and focus modes. I was surprised to find that now the reading command works fine (control+alt+arrow keys).

The start-up screen is just as you describe, so I will try to remove that as you instruct.

I apologise for raising an issue that has just evaporated! However, I welcome the advice which you have given today.

All the best,

Cearbhall