Re: Someone knows a program that integrates Facebook accessible?

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

While I don't think I really understand your question, Facebook is accessible with NVDA. The best way to use Facebook is to navigate to the site and use it in focus mode, with the keyboard shortcuts that Facebook provides. I do not use Facebook and have not in a few years, but I believe that pressing ? (question mark) should present a list of keyboard shortcuts. If it does not, then google Facebook keyboard shortcuts.

Blind people have typically stuck to using the mobile site of everything. I don't know if this is because of comfort, lack of training or knowledge, laziness and unwillingness to learn something new, or because working with web apps is truly difficult, but web apps have gotten more and more accessible and usable, and are often much more productive than the mobile version of anything. Take Gmail for example. I can navigate to Gmail, traverse the email list with my arrow keys, press enter on a message, press n to move between messages in the thread and have them read out, press r to reply, press ctrl+enter to send, press c to compose a new message, etc etc. On Twitter, I can use keyboard shortcuts to move between tweets, reply to a tweet, retweet, like, etc. Accomplishing these tasks is often much more efficient than had I chosen to use the mobile version. Yes, this takes learning keyboard shortcuts, and yes, it is different than everything you may have been taught, but to characterize these interfaces as not being accessible I think is wrong and does the community a disservice.

Thanks.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 10:27 AM Rémy Ruiz <remyruiz@...> wrote:
Hi everybody,

Someone knows a program that integrates Facebook accessible.

I do not wish Use the facebook page for mobiles.

Thank you.

Cheers.

Rémy

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is
up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP
and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.