Re: Firefox options

Arlene

Luke, Is this with windows ten?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Luke Davis
Sent: October 3, 2019 3:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox options

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019, Don H wrote:

> Another finding is I switched from NVDA to Narrator to see if it was any

> better.  Every time with Narrator running if I open the options menu Firefox

> crashes.  Tried it 6 times and it crashes every time.

While I have no problem with NVDA and Firefox on this screen (using focus mode

in the options category list), with Narrator I get some very strange and lagful

behavior, before Narrator freezes up solid, and my processor (as evidenced by

fan speed) spikes to full burn until I kill firefox.

Fortunately, last year I made a keyboard shortcut that force-kills Firefox

whenever it goes out of control like that; otherwise it takes a long time to end

these runaway processes.

Something is definitely strange on that options screen. When NVDA reads the

open of that screen, the first thing it says is "unknown", which implies it

can't obtain focus. A tab fixes that, but it is indicative of the problem.

Luke