Re: tracking down NVDA triggers

Gene

I suspect something is causing a focus problem but we really don't have enough information to do more than speculate.  My recollection is that NVDA doesn't automatically read the title bar when it changes.  I think that would be a good user controlled feature.

That aside, if something is taking focus, then returning it, I would expect this behavior.  But I think discussion of whether NVDA should have an automatically read the title bar or text changes feature in the title bar might be useful.

From: tim
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2019 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] tracking down NVDA triggers

I have to go with John on this one.
If you have any third party virus or malware hunters. Then you can have screen notifications pop up and go . With those any screen reader acts the same way.
So I would look for notifications and maintenance software that came with the laptop. All have some type for updating drivers.

On Oct 1, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
I’m thinking not – as in debugging steps didn’t take place from what I can tell.
To Giles, can you try running NVDA in debug mode, and as soon as you hear NVDA repeat an info you don’t want to hear, send a log (press NVDA+F1 to open the log and copoy and paste everything as an email) to me and Quentin so we can diagnose what’s up? I’m requesting logs in private because it may contain sensitive information. Be sure to CC info@... with the precise description of the problem when sending the log to us.
Cheers,
Joseph