Re: Using FileZilla for FTP

As an aside, and I do not know whether it applies here, don't forget that a very great many ISPs have completely deprecated straight FTP (which does not mask passwords and has been recognized as a security threat for some time) and a number will not support SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) either.

I stopped using FTP, for the most part, very long ago because it's becoming an anachronism that is losing active support.   FileZilla is definitely still being actively supported, as I just looked at the FileZilla Home Page and the last update to Version 3.45.1 occurred on September 25, 2019.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide