Re: what is NVDA's com registration fixing tool?

molly the blind tech lover

Hi

Good to know. Sometimes when I close out of a program NVDA says unknown focused. Perhaps running the tool will fix it?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 10:40 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] what is NVDA's com registration fixing tool?

Running the tool won't hurt anything.  it associates certain dll files that may no longer be properly associated in Windows.  It is generally used in cases such as when you are running a browser and you hear unknown when you try to do most things.  I have no idea about the desktop problem being discussed but if it worked, it worked. 

but my point is, and if I'm wrong, others will correct me I hope, that there is no harm in running the utility.  If you just run it to see if it corrects this or that probem, you probably won't see a correction, but for circumstances such as I described, you likely will.  I believe the kinds of problems I'm discussing could occur any time you are in browse mode, such as when reading a PDF document in Acrobat Reader.

Also, for those who don't have a reversion system in place, it is very important to have system restore running.  It often isn't running for this or that reason and it can't be assumed to be running.  There are times when system restore is by far the fastest and easiest way to revert a computer to a time when things were working correctly and it avoids doing a lot of trouble shooting in many cases.  So knowing about the utility we are discussing is important but making sure system restore is running and that you have at least one recent restore point available is very important as well unless, as I said, you are using a reversion system, which most people aren't.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 9:24 AM

Hi
That makes sense

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dejan Ristic
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi from me,

It was once when I started my computer that the desktop interface was semi-accessible for me. Then, I decided to run the very tool we're just talking about. After the action had been performed, the accessibility issue was okay again.

So, let's suppose for what purposes the tool is used. 😀

On 06/10/2019 05:46, zahra wrote:
> it fixes broken or corrupted dll which are created after you uninstall
> some important program like microsoft office.
>
> On 10/6/19, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:
>> Hey everyone, Molly here
>>
>> I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
>>
>> I am wondering, what is NVDA’s  com registration fixing  tool? I want
>> to learn as much as I can about NVDA, and I am curious as to what
>> this tool is and what it is used for. I looked through the NVDA user
>> guide before posting but I could not find info about it under the
>> tools section. Perhaps I missed something?
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing from you guys
>>
>>
>>
>> Have a great weekend 😊
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.