Mastering Github with a screen reader

Alexandre Alves Toco

Eclipse has a good integration with GitHub. I use it in this way because eclipse puts GitHub commands in the contexto menu and puts na greater than sign in the name of a changed file. So it helps alot.

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

De: George Kerscher
Enviado:sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 22:41
Para: NVDA Discussion list
Assunto: [nvda] Mastering Github with a screen reader

Hello NVDA folks,

As you may know, Microsoft acquired Github a few years ago. Today Github has become an important tool in many sectors of technology.

I must admit that I have not mastered Github yet, but I want to, and I bet a lot of people on this list are in the same position.

In my communications with friends working at Microsoft, I have advocated for Microsoft Accessibility to step up and sponsor a training program for persons with disabilities to master Github.

Perhaps something already exist, but I have not found it. There was a start at:

https://bats.fyi/2016/08/19/mastering-github-with-a-screen-reader-part-1/

but there was no part 2.

And I have found some books at Bookshare, but these are not geared to the screen reader user.

I hope this will start a thread that can help us collect resources and best practices surrounding Github. What tools do people use and how did those that are successful  learn to master Github?

Best

George

add

George Kerscher Ph.D.

-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.

Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium

http://www.daisy.org

Senior Advisor, Global Literacy, Benetech

http://www.benetech.org

President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)

http://www.idpf.org

Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)

http://www.imls.gov

Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the W3C

http://www.w3c.org/wai

Phone: +1 406/549-4687

Cell:+1 406/544-2466

Email: kerscher@...