locked Re: music production with NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, there is even a video plugin you can use they talk about on there. I have to dig in the archives for more info, but I believe the archives are public for anyone to browse. You get a wealth of info on there including links to the wiki, osara, and sws. I might suggest they include reapack on there as well. That set of tools just rocks and it is accessible with nvda. But yeah if you have any more questions please subscribe to that rwp list. It is high trafic but most of us are sound engineers like myself and musicians like myself who use this every day.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Oct 2019, at 0:23, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I have not done video editting before, but it should be possible.  Join the reaper mailing list for advice to be certain.  Cheers!

On 10/6/2019 10:23 AM, Manoj Govindraj wrote:
Hi,
Is reaper accessible with video editing for tasks like splitting and joining video files? Also, can we save the edited video files as MP4?
Cheers
Manoj 

On Oct 5, 2019, at 9:20 PM, Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...> wrote:

Hi Arline and all those interested.  You can use Reaper for free to test and evaluate it for 60 days.  In practice though, Reaper can continually be used for free indefinitely as lon as you don't mind the Purchase dialog that pops up when you start up reaper.  But I urge that if you become competent enough to use it, then purchase it.  It costs below $100, $60 was the last time when I bought it.  It is worth every cent I can tell you.  I am not a Reaper promoter, just speaking as a satisfied Reaper user.  Download it at:

https://www.reaper.fm

I will also put two additional PlugIns on my dropbox folder that is issential to help you on your way.

First is Osara, Open source Reaper accessibility:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnox5kpsa9oy4om/osara_2019.1pre-137%2C169d2e08.exe?dl=1

And SWS, aditional scripts for you to manipulate or enhance Reaper's workings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foqkhkjdbvwevpl/sws-v2.10.0.1-x64-install.exe?dl=1

These are the latest versions of the PlugIns.

Also, I would recommend that you join the Reaper Mailing list:   

rwp+subscribe@groups.io           

Substitute the + for a - if I got the address incorrect as I subscribed a long time ago and can't remember the correct subscribe address.  The folks there are amazingly helpful and will go out of their way to help and encourage you on the Reaper Journey, and contrary to belief will hold your hands for as long as you need them to be held, though independence is very much encouraged.  Cheers and God bless!

On 10/6/2019 8:26 AM, Arlene wrote:

Hi, Is Reaper for free?Or, do you have to pay for it? I don’t mind trying it myself.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: October 5, 2019 5:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] music production with NVDA

Yep I use it for my video editing. Playing with the video processing plug in for mc os, not that my videos will eve be movie quality but that does not stop me from trying. I. hope one day when I get my voice back I can actually relearn via recycled emails I have how to punch in and out again as I also want to try some studio recording again one day.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

On 5 Oct 2019, at 15:57, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I totally agree.  Reaper is perhaps the most simplest to use, and most accessible DAW out on the market, and considering that All DAWS are complicated softwares to use, and that it's price, of US$60, well, my question really is what more do you want?  The people who work so hard to make Reaper accessible for NVDA and Jaws will certainly go into melt down if they here of this uninformed opinion.  I have been using Reaper for much of my work and leisure.  Cheers!

On 10/5/2019 6:24 PM, Shaun Oliver wrote:

there is a plugin you can use to make reaper more accessible. statements like that are apocryphal at best, and wildly inaccurate at worst. Please people, I implore you to conduct research and use the thing before you pass judgement and make groce generalised statements like that in the future.

On 5/10/2019 18:34, Andy B. wrote:

At least audacity’s track view is accessible. Reaper’s user interface is less than desirable for a screen reader.

Andy Borka

Accessibility Engineer

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sile via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 6:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] music production with NVDA

Hello, I would recommend audacity. You can do multi-tracking, and the quality of the audio is very good.

Sile

On Oct 4, 2019, at 11:45 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

You can use reaper. That is an easy to use very affordable DAW.

Take care

On 4 Oct 2019, at 8:34, azeesh rahman wrote:

hi. I am great full for all your previous help regarding my queries. i just wanted to know a softwear which can be used for music production in a simple level. specifically beet making and advanced audio mixing with NVDA accessibility in concern.
for your information:
i am not interested in vying any additional tools or hardwear except my computer as if now.
i want to make music using my own voice and virtual instruments available in the softwear itself. hope iam clear with my concern and awaiting for your valuable responses.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.