Re: Directing NVDA output to a particular audio device

Sarah k Alawami

AAcutally for me it does not, unless maybe I have my volume on that sound card turned down. but I unplug my usb sound card and nvda and system sounds go silent. I think in my case the fix is simple though.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 6 Oct 2019, at 10:52, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

As long as you keep plugging and unplugging the headset you are going to have this problem. When you plug in a USB headset it becomes the new default device. When you unplug it the system falls back to the internal default speaker.

******If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning start?***     

Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 11:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Directing NVDA output to a particular audio device

Hi! I followed Kerryn’s steps and it didn’t work for me. Both The computer and NVDA audio was coming through the headphones. I think I want to do what Sile wants to do. I want NVDA to come through my headphones only when they are plugged in the headphone jack and the Computer audio for example music and game sounds to come out the computer speakers. Maybe you need 2 sound cards for that? Which I don’t know how many I have and don’t know how you can tell.

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 7:43 PM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io <k_gunness@...> wrote:

>

> sile

>

> 1. press control NVDA key and s to open synth box

> 2. tab once to a combo box with options

> 3. use arro keys to choose your option, for example u s b head phones

> 4 tab to ok button and press enter

>

> NVDA should be heard in the option you picked

>

> you're done

>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sile via Groups.Io" <somodhrain@...>

> To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>

> Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:32 PM

> Subject: [nvda] Directing NVDA output to a particular audio device

>

>

>> Hello

>>

>>

>> I know I have seen a thread about this, but I can't recall what the name of the thread is so couldn't find it in the list archive.

>>

>>

>> I want to be able to set the audio device that NVDA output goes to so that I can separate it from my main headphone output for presentations.

>>

>>

>> --Sile

>>

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.