Re: Downloading from YouTube

Kerryn Gunness

thanks jene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2019 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Downloading from YouTube

First, Are you a member of the chat group or of another general blindness technology discussion group?  Here is my e-mail address.
This topic may be closed at any time for being inappropriate for this list.  I'm giving you my address so you can continue talking with me but I'm just one person.  It would be a much better idea to be ready to transfer the discussion to another list.

Now, to your issues:
Which version are you using?  If version 3, unless you know how to look, the program will appear to do nothing. 

Do you know how to use Switch, for converting files?  I am not trying to discourage you from learning object navigation and you may find it useful in other contexts.  But if you are using version 3, your choices are to learn object navigation enough to use version 3, or to use version 2, and then use a program like Switch to convert the downloaded file to the format you want.  But at this point, we don't know if the program is working or not.

As far as posting the address, don't do it.  Have the address in the clipboard.  Then open the program.  If you tab around, you will see that the address is already in the program.  It automatically places the address in the clipboard in the field the program uses to tell it what page to go to.  I don't know what happens if you manually paste it, but that may be one reason the program isn't going to the page.  You may be placing a second copy of the address into the field, though I'd have to check the program to see.

Have the address in the clipboard before you open the program.  Do so by going the the actual Youtube page with what you want to play on it.  Press f6 to move to the address bar.  Copy the address to the clipboard with control c.  You don't need to select it first.  It is already automatically selected.

Close the browser if you wish. 
Open Pontes Media downloader.  If you tab around, you will see the address in the edit field.
Press the download button, or whatever it says, and see if the file is downloaded and converted.  Even if you don't know how to check at this point, if you are converting a song, wait for perhaps four or five minutes and look in the place where the file should be found. 

At this point, we have no way to know why you are having problems with different converters but following this procedure will help us determine if Pontes Media Converter is working properly.

Gene
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 5:45 AM

hi jene

i normally paste  the link in the program where it says edit
also i am not familiar with object navigation

Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 9:17 PM

I don't know why.  Which version of the program are you using?  In version 3.x, it may appear that nothing happens but using object navigation shows if something is.  It is much easier for those not aquainted with object navigation in NVDA to use version 2x of the program because what is occurring is shown in the title bar and reading it shows what is occurring.

Also, how are you placing the download address in the program?

Gene
Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2019 12:46 PM

when i clicked the download button, nothing happens

Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 3:51 AM

What do you mean by Ponts stopped working.  It works fine here, both 2.x and 3.x versions.  Please give details.  If the program generally had stopped working, I'd have seen lots of discussion on various lists I follow.  We need to try to figure out why it isn't working in your case.

Gene
hey all
what program for windows would you all recommend for my subject line
i used ponds, then it stopped
i use 4 k video downloader, the same happened
i use sound r, the same thing happen

what to use with NVDA?
thanks

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.