locked Re: music production with NVDA

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 12:46 AM, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
As a previous poster pointed out, hand holding is the entire purpose of an email list, since archival information can be found on the web.
The point, Orlando, is that  it isn't, no matter how much you and others say it is.  One of the first lessons any user of a computer and the web should learn, and use, is basic search skills.  You do not and should not routinely ask questions on lists where the answers are readily available via easier, and faster, means.

There is no "hand holding" involved, even on mailing lists, in getting answers to questions of the nature like I described.

I'm sick to death of being told that "because I want hand holding" is sufficient justification for saying it's "the entire purpose" of an email list.   I've been on plenty of them, and on most what gets tolerated as far as asking simple questions is not what some seem to think is "the entire purpose" of an email list here.  It very simply isn't, never has been, and never will be.

There is a reason that the list rules came to be what they are now, and a big one of those is that a certain portion of the membership wasn't following even the most basic netiquette, particularly in regard to doing any research legwork before asking the most basic of questions which has untold thousands of answers already that can be found, in seconds, with ease.

And, with this, I will close and lock this topic.   It's been thoroughly exhausted.   Anyone who wants details regarding Reaper should pick it up either on the Chat Subgroup or the dedicated Reapers without Peepers group.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide