Re: Are web applications that accessible?

Sarah k Alawami

Oh no that's true. Luckelly this site is well done, mostly. But I have encountere s sites which are not and even the find does not find it because x menu is not expanded as of yet which makes things even harder.

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 7 Oct 2019, at 9:32, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 12:26 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
You can do that or go into the elements list and quickly type the element name
The problem with this theory is it relies upon the web page developer to have bothered to have structured the page well, and often they don't.

I have nothing against the elements list, and teach people how to use it, but one needs to approach it with caution and use it in combination with other tools.  You can't count on something "not being there" because it's not in any one of the elements lists (whether in NVDA, JAWS, or any other screen reader).   You can be assured that if you do both a screen reader find and, if necessary, a straight application program find as well and can't find something that it's really not there.  I often use straight find commands when a visual scan doesn't immediately turn up what I think should be there, but I can't spot.  It's the same concept - knowing how to double and sometimes triple check yourself.

I don't think that anyone, including myself, is saying one should never use tool X or tool Y.   Being aware of the limitations of tool X and tool Y, which may mean you need to resort to tool Z upon occasion, is, however, vital.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide